Twelve is an interesting number.
We buy many things in groups of twelve (eggs, rolls, donuts, and beer just to name a few).
There are twelve days of Christmas.
Jesus chose twelve disciples.
Twelve sided dies are probably the coolest in existence.
Twelve is the final age before you become a teenager.
Twelfth Night is my favorite Shakespeare play.
Twelve is made up of the numbers 1 and 2. If you allow yourself the sense of humor of a twelve year old, that is pretty darn funny. Heh, heh, number one and number two.
Googling for "12 numerology" shows a whole bunch of other interesting things about the number 12. But since I didn't think of them, I won't list them here.
No matter, I have had twelve good years being married.
In no particular order here are 12 things I like about my wife:
- She is pretty, even though she doesn't believe that.
- She puts other people ahead of herself. Occasionally this causes her to be the bug on the windshield of life, but she handles that with grace-- most of the time.
- She has a good sense of humor, but she laughs at my jokes anyway.
- We don't fight about money, despite the fact I'm a cheapskate.
- She really hates cooking, but she works at making interesting stuff.
- She remembers everyone's birthday, and I do mean everyone.
- She bites her lower lip when she isn't sure of herself, its cute.
- She is looking forward to Football season. She got attached to the Saints last year after watching them upset Green Bay on a Monday Night game. I'm not a huge football fan, but we watched a lot of games together last year, which is why she likes it.
- Even though he never won a points race, she cheered for Dick Trickle every Sunday. She traded her only chance to meet him to go to an Elk's picnic for my grandmother. My grandmother loved that picnic.
- She indulges my photography habit.
- She knows how to get things done.
- She loves me.